When I woke up this morning, things were lookin’ bad
Seem like total silence was the only friend I had
Bowl of oatmeal tried to stare me down… and won
And it was twelve o’clock before I realized
That I was havin’ … no fun. —John Prine, Illegal Smile
I wanted to share a simple recipe for maintaining and/or improving good health – a different kind of public option.
Solutions don’t have to be flashy, costly or complex. Sometimes the best solutions are humble, boring, and proven.
Oatmeal: The “motherlode” breakfast of champions
- Organic rolled oats in a bowl – Serving size at your discretion
If you have extra time to prepare breakfast, consider steel-cut oats.
- Soak for 10-15 minutes in Soy, Rice or Almond Milk or other non-dairy option
- Warm in microwave (optional)
- Add a few drops of NuNaturals Pure Liquid Stevia with Singing Dog Vanilla Extract to taste (optional); Stir
- Add 3 tbsp. of raw, organic black walnuts – chopped or whole
- Sprinkle cinnamon
- Top with a generous dollup of Trader Joe’s French Village Vanilla nonfat yogurt
Do you have a simple solution (or recipe) you’d like to share?